Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A new project

I've decided to make a quilt for a someone close to me.  I don't often make bed sized quilts, the only ones in our house are the ones on the kids beds (or floor).  Actually to be more honest I don't make bed sized quilts!

So this is a project that I'm sure will challenge me and as it isn't for a competition I'll try and document its progress here.  More about competitions in another post - just to say there is a major one due later this year and its rules are just a bit unclear.  So I'm just being a bit careful in what I post about any possible entries. 

My friend Suzy is closing her shop Piece by Piece at the end of the month, I'll miss not being able to just pop in.  So today I went for a visit with the pattern she'd previously given me and the colour scheme.  This is what I came home with ...













I don't think I'd have ever chosen these by myself!  So thanks to Suzy and also Jan, June and the other ladies who happened to be in the shop at that time.

3 comments:

Charlotte Scott said...

I love these colours! Probably nothing I would have chosen on my own either. Sad to hear about another quilt shop closing.

Jan said...

Hi Helen I have just found your blog....and will be checking in to see your progress on the quilt.... Lovely to catch up,with you again....

Helen said...

Hi Jan, it was great seeing you as well. I'm enjoying this quilt - this is the first time I've bought all the fabric in one go and followed a pattern! its quite relaxing.