Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

ANZAC Day

The Places of ANZAC
Today is ANZAC day - a very significant day in our history - see here for an explanation. 

This is my ANZAC quilt, it was made for the ANZAC challenge at the Quilt Symposium in Queenstown in 2011.  The names are all places on the Gallipoli peninsula in Turkey.

I used Judy Coates Perez technique of using gel medium to stick down paper images/words on to the fabric then painting.   The blue lettering is painted Evolon that has been stitched/appliqued, the 'crosses' have been coloured with paintsticks.  

The quilt is rolled up in its bag and is on my shelf and hasn't been out since its trip to Queenstown.  Looking at the photo I might revisit this quilt and outline the blue letters in black - not sure how I think I have some samples filed away and so can practice on them first.   

No comments: